Apprenticeships & Internships
Westway Development Trust currently runs five apprenticeship schemes, based at the Trust, at Westway Sports Centre and Portobello Green Fitness Club. The apprentices work within the sports development, operations, maintenance and grounds and gardens teams. The aim of all our programmes is to enable individuals to develop skills and industry knowledge through work-based learning while gaining qualifications at the same time.
Apprenticeships are open to all age groups from 16 upwards whether you have just left school, have been working for years or are looking for a new career. You need to be living in England and not already be in full time education.
What are the benefits for you?
• If you’re in employment you are able to learn while you earn
• Apprenticeships are nationally recognised and a valuable addition to your CV
• The chance to choose an industry sector depending on your interests, experience and the opportunities available in your area
What qualifications will you gain?
• An appropriate work-based National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) at either Level 2 or Level 3
• Key Skills qualifications, e.g. communication and application of numbers
• A technical qualification that provides specific vocational theory and knowledge
• Other qualifications or requirements as specified by the particular occupation
Our current apprenticeship scheme is run in conjunction with Kensington and Chelsea College and the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea.